How to be a Freelance Android Developer
Android Development is one of the hottest new fields available. It has limitless potential and android development has altered the way you surf the internet, check for updates on social media and even play online games. Android applications have the ability to move people from all over the world, make lasting impressions.
Consider games like Fruit Ninja by Halfbrick studios. It is one of the most popular android games in the world. There have been others with similar acclaim. However, developing games certainly does not encompass the totality of an Android developer’s life, but it can be a significant part nonetheless.
There are many reasons why you should consider taking up freelancing. For some of you, it is the extra income, for others it is the promise of working from home. Android development, a viable and comfortable career option, is one that can fetch you money and credibility; it ultimately leads to what most you desire, a financially secure life.
Job Duties for Freelance Android Developer
Freelance Android developers are responsible for developing new and enhancing existing software using various technologies. Apart from development, re-engineering and up-gradation there are other duties that an Android developer must undertake, some of which include:
- Liaising with the Technical Support team in diagnosing bugs and other issues in products
- Liaising with the QA team with new product releases and bug fixes for products
- Liaising with Technical Writers with the development of Help Systems for the products
- Developing, upgrading and re-engineering the application
- Conceptualising the application and predicting the outcomes in a real-world environment
Android developers must be skilful; it goes without saying, or typing, or even ‘swyping’ on your handheld. They must possess important skills to be at the apex. Some of the skills that can help you begin such a journey include:
- An eye for detail
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Commitment to high quality work
- Mobile user-interface design
- Backend computing
- Business Expertise
There are many paid-for and free forums, videos and info-graphics to help you develop the skills needed to learn Android development online. Vogella, Developer Android, Techno Talkative, Udemy and The New Boston are popular online destinations for you to develop the skills you need.
Being Successful as a Freelance Android developer
There are many ways you can become a moderately famous and top-end application developer for the Android operating system. You should consider learning some tricks of the trade and continuously being up-to-date with the world of application development to be able to make a decent living of the job. Some of the ways you can do so include:
- Learn how to give your app the tools to make it succeed in today’s App Store
- Have an expertise in Java and Android SDK
- Learn to market and increase downloads for your app by using simple and proven techniques
- Have expertise in PhoneGap – HTML5 framework for developing Android apps.
You must be well versed in:
- Xamarin – C#.NET framework for developing Android apps.
- Corona SDK – Lua (primarily for games, but provides widgets for non-game apps) for developing android applications
Your ability to network and the credibility of your work with previous employers can affect your revenue, as an Android developer.
Usually freelance portals offer two generic kinds of payment models to freelancers. Fixed-price, where the price is usually pre-determined and a budget is sanctioned which you can bid for, and the hourly payment model where the employer decides on an hourly pay. A fixed-price model may range from $30-150 upwards, while you have to pitch for hourly projects, which usually range from $5-35 an hour, with average payments at $22 per hour.
Many portals, forums and websites offer you many opportunities to freelance as an Anroid developer. Freelancing has opened up the way we view work: and the trend only continues to rise. There is no dearth of applications created for Android and other handheld platforms.
There are many resources available for you to begin freelance IOS app development as a career. Vogella, Developer Android, Techno Talkative, Udemy and The New Boston are popular online destinations. These resources offer many paid-for and free forums, videos and info-graphics to help you develop the skills you will need as an android developer.
For more information on Freelance Resource please visit www.careerlancer.net