Fed up with corporate environment? Want to be your own boss and set your own rules? If yes, then switching to freelance recruitment consultant would be the right choice for you. With ample opportunities and handful of salaries, a great career awaits for freelance recruitment consultants. If you are looking for a change in your career path, then undoubtedly freelancing would fit your purpose. So, if you are wondering as on how to kick-start your career as a freelance HR consultant, keep reading on to get the required information on the essential skills and qualifications.
Recruitment consultants are responsible to find candidates to fill both temporary and executive positions in the corporative world. They make money by providing required candidates to the company. The role will not only be challenging but also exciting since the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding. Smart appearance is important since you will be involved in client meetings and conducting interviews with candidates.
Freelance Recruitment Consultant Responsibilities
- Making use of sales, business development, marketing techniques to attract business from clients
- Developing a good relationship between clients and companies in regards to their culture and environment
- Make cold calls to generate new business from client companies
- Get a clear idea of client’s requirements
- Receiving, reviewing applications and short listing desired candidate profiles
- Meet targets set by the project
- Draft advertising across various media channels to grab the right candidatures
- Advising clients and candidates about pay roles, training and career progression in this sector
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, and benefits
- Benchmark for clients – salary, availability, candidate pool, industry activity
- Outlining recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programs
- Positive and realistic attitude
- Business decision making and knowledge
- Influence others
- Good communication skills and building relationships
- Should be able to produce good job descriptions
- Effective usage of existing networks
- Planning and organizing
- Plans to achieve business objectives
- Problem Solving
- Motivated by challenges, deadlines, problems and targets
Qualifications & certifications
Human resources, marketing, and public relations are some of the subjects that are relevant to this field. However, recruitment consultancies welcome candidates from different backgrounds. Skills and attitude are most important than academic qualifications. However, there are few short courses available to acquire certain certifications. These certifications are considered by the recruitment agencies while offering you a freelance opportunity.
Salaries for recruitment consultants may vary from project to project. Most often, it depends on the targets set and type of sector. The average salary of freelance HR recruitment consultant is $77,000. The company, industry, experience and benefits are the major factors that can impact salaries.
For more information on Freelance HR Recruitment please visit www.careerlancer.net