Java Developers usually develop most of the code for stand-alone applications and web based applications. Like any developer, you know that the job entails formulating strategies, developing, executing, and logging code.
Developers swear by its intrigue, and non-professionals simply swear at the complexity. Java is one of the most important languages to learn and master and its applications stretch from simple code to layered multi-faceted code.
Some developers work for recognised IT organisations and sometimes take up other projects by the side. Another group of developers freelance fulltime and still manage to make enough money as their corporate counterparts.
The latter group’s numbers continue to rise, as the opportunities and attractive pay scales, offer a more viable and lucrative option to office work.
Freelance Java Developer Job Duties
Java developers have to fulfil many roles and be able to take on many responsibilities in a work environment. There are some duties that are specific to you freelance Java developers. Some of your important Java developer job description, include:
- Have the ability to code
- Develop and write computer programs to store, locate and retrieve specific documents, data and information
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
There are many skills that you should consider acquiring and honing to do well as a Freelance Java developer. To do well in the field of Java development, you must:
- Be patient and persistent
- Be thorough and detail oriented
- Be able to think logically and critically
- Have good judgment
- Be able to communicate orally and in written form
- Be able to create websites using HTML, XML, Java, CSS and other languages
- Use organizational skills effectively
- Be able to solve problems intuitively
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be professional
- Be a team player
- Be able to multitask and meet project deadlines
You can learn most of the skills you need as an entry levelJava developer online. W3Schools, Code Academy, Java Beginner, Code School and Lyndaoffer various courses on Java development, both paid-for and free resources.
Being Successful As A Freelance Java Developer
A Java developer’s acumen is best judged by the code you create, how you innovate in your work and the functionalities you add to its code. However, employers usually measure freelance Java developers’ successes in much the same way that they measure other freelancers: ratings and reviews.
There are many other aspects to being successful than simply a review and a rating. Some of the ways you can get on the path to success as a Java developer include:
- Building a technical portfolio, contributing to open source projects like GitHub
- Being an algorithmic, analytical thinker
- Understanding a technical problem and trying to overcome it, and not simply modifying the code until it works.
- Networking with people, leveraging your network to find work
- Being able to develop a good working relationship with employers
Freelance Java Developer Salary
How much money can you earn as a Java developer who freelance full time. Websites dominate online business and brand recognition, and the demand for eye-catching and neatly designed websites has increased.
Usually freelance portals offer two generic kinds of payment models to freelancers. Fixed-price, where the price is usually pre-determined and a budget is sanctioned which you can bid for, and the hourly payment model where the employer decides on an hourly pay.
Usually a fixed price model may range from $50-500 upwards, while you have to pitch for hourly projects, which usually range from $5-30 an hour, with average payments at $20 per hour.
Finding work as a freelance Java developer is not difficult and there are many portals where you can advertise your services. It is a reasonably well-paid job and there are thousands of opportunities for prospective work-at-home developers like you.
Java development is a solid career option, and it is a skill set essential to the digital market. Many portals and websites like Guru, Odesk, Elance, Freelancer, and Peopleperhour offer many jobs for freelance Java developers like you.
As Java developers, there are many resources available to you that can help you hone your skills. Many websites, channels, and even forums offer training videos, interactive training sessions and exercise and demo pages where you can test code.
For more information on Freelance Resource please visit www.careerlancer.net