How to be a Freelance Email Marketing
Email marketing is a field with a lot of promise. It began when sales representatives decide to leverage the power of emails to market their products and create brand recognition. Email marketing has caught on quite fast and if you are considering a career in the field, this is probably the best time to opt for it.
A career as a freelance Email marketing specialist can be a promising one indeed. With Email now the leading form of corporate communication, it comes as no surprise that it is used as a marketing tool. Email marketing is a good career option and you can earn good money in the field, through fulltime or freelance work. The reasons for opting to freelance vary for everyone. You could consider the option simply to earn some money by the side, or fulltime.
Job Duties for Freelance Email Marketing
Freelance Email marketing specialists usually create emails that are sent to prospective leads and other agencies. Thus, in your working capacity, you must justify your worth as a prolific email-marketing specialist, and as a freelance email marketer; you will fulfil many duties, working from home or from a remote location. Some of the important job duties that you will undertake include:
- Implementation of the company’s email marketing strategy
- Lead and Execute email campaigns
- Liaising with other teams to create effective marketing material
- Consistently improve the performance of email marketing campaigns and identify the enhancement opportunities to maximize ROI.
- Continuously analyzing and improving lead and customer satisfaction with campaigns basing on improved knowledge and insight gained from analytics.
- Enhance email-marketing initiatives by using remarketing tools to identify the behaviour pattern of all leads, prospects, and customers.
Email marketing is an upcoming field and it is one field that promises growth based on your skills. Email marketers must be good writers, able to use words and phrases designed to attract a prospect. Thus, there are some specific skills that you must develop to be a prolific email marketing specialist. Some of them usually include:
- Strategic skills
- Data administration and Analytics
- Copywriting skills
- Marketing skills
- Research skills
- IT Management Skills
- Ensuring Quality of emails
- Project Management
Lynda, Onlinemarketinginstitute, Vision6, Udemy and Emarketinglearningcenter offer many videos, certifications and other material to develop the needed skills online. You can logon to these websites and start learning about Email marketing today.
Being Successful as a Freelance Email Marketing Specialist:
- Know your audience
- Increase revenue, generate leads, strengthen customer relationships, increase website traffic, and build brand awareness
- Be able to leverage principles of Interactive Marketing
- Being able to market your services and creating a Social Media presence
- Creating a responsive network, one which you can leverage to find projects and extra work
- Ability to work under pressure, and to strict deadlines
- An understanding of the industry
Usually freelance portals offer various kinds of payment models. In the fixed-price model, the price is usually pre-determined. The hourly model is the most popular and employers usually pay a predetermined sum per hour. Finally, in the project-budget based model, you often need to auction for such projects. Usually a fixed price model may range from $20- $200 and upwards, while you have to pitch for hourly projects, and budget payments, which usually range from $5- $35 an hour. Freelance Email marketers usually earn $21 an hour.
For more information on Freelance Resource please visit www.careerlancer.net