How to be a Freelance C# Developer
C# development is very close to C++ programming, save a few key differences. It is built on the .net framework. We know that developers spend hours and sometimes days on their computers. As a C #developer, you would agree to the above statement. C# is an important skill to learn in the shadowy electronic world. You will generally formulate strategies to create, develop, execute, and log the code. C# development and its applications stretch from simple objectivist code to layered multi-faceted code. Some developers like you work for recognised IT organisations and sometimes take up other projects by the side. Some others usually freelance fulltime and still manage to make enough money as their corporate counterparts. The latter group’s numbers continue to rise, as the opportunities and attractive pay scales, offera more viable and lucrative option to office work. Thus, C# development is one of the most important jobs today.
Job Duties for Freelance C# Developer
C# developers must undertake a number of responsibilities and duties in either fulltime or freelance capacities. You must be willing to be flexible and willing to adapt to the needs of the client. Generally, some of the duties that you will perform as a Freelance C# developer, will include:
- Have the ability to code
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Develop Web-based applications
- Develop GUI based applications
- Contribute in all phases of SDLC
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
There are many skills that you should consider acquiring and honing to do well as C# developer. C# is an object-oriented language, but it has its roots in html and is similar to ASP and .NET. Thus you need skills which can help you with C++ programming and C# development, thus you must learn the requisite skills and master them. Before we do look at where to learn these skills from, let’s list the skills you will need:
- Be patient and persistent
- Be thorough and detail oriented
- Be able to think logically and critically
- Have good judgment
- Be able to communicate orally and in written form
- Background with team based source control systems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work alone or in teams.
- Be able to multitask and meet project deadlines
Tutorials Point,Channel9, Microsoft Virtual Academy, Compilr and Lyndaoffer various courses on C# development, in the form of paid-for, certification courses and even free resources to learn C# development online.
Being Successful as a Freelance C# developer
A developer, like other developers is only considered successful if he can develop a ground-breaking application or develop a fully functional code, its innovations and functionalities, and how it finally performs. However, employers usually measure freelance C# developers’ successes in much the same way that they measure other freelancers: ratings and reviews. There are many other aspects to being successful than simply a review and a rating. Some of the ways you can get on the path to success as a C#developer include:
- Building a technical portfolio, contributing to open source projects like GitHub
- Being an algorithmic, analytical thinker
- Understanding a technical problem and trying to overcome it, and not simply modifying the code until it works.
- Networking with people, leveraging your network to find work
- Being able to develop a good working relationship with employers
How much money can you earn as a C# developer who freelances fulltime. It is a skill in demand and you can work in one of the many application areas of C#. With computers, handheld devices leading the way, you can rest assured that there is no dearth of jobs, and there is no real lack of money in the field. Usually freelance portals offer two generic kinds of payment models to freelancers. Fixed-price, where the price is usually pre-determined and a budget is sanctioned which you can bid for, and the hourly payment model where the employer decides on an hourly pay. Usually a fixed price model may range from $50-500 upwards, while you have to pitch for hourly projects, which usually range from $5-30 an hour, with average payments at $20 per hour.
Finding work as a freelance C# developer is not difficult and there are many portals where you can advertise your services. It is a reasonably well paid job and there are thousands of opportunities for prospective work-at-home programmers like you. C# development is an important skill today, and this is probably clichéd. However, the fact that it is a repeated notion does not amount to it falling out of favour in the job market, or even considered less important. It has and continues to be an important part of the programming space. Many portals and websites like Odesk, Elance, Freelancer, Getacoderand Peopleperhour offer many jobs for freelance C# developers like you.
As C# developers, there are many resources available to you that can help you hone your skills. Many websites, channels, and even forums offer training videos, interactive training sessions and exercise and demo pages where you can test code. Tutorials Point,Channel9, Microsoft Virtual Academy, Compilr and Lyndaoffer various courses on C# development, in the form of paid-for, certification courses and even free resources to learn C# development online.
For more information on Freelance Resource please visit www.careerlancer.net